I’ve stuck with this idea and have been jotting down three things I am grateful for 56 of 100 days. This hasn’t been the easiest 56 days and yet this little exercise has helped me stay grounded. Big changes have come and gone. Little victories have stayed.
1) I’m grateful that executive recruiters are contacting me about open D&I positions at Fortune 500 companies. Work has not been the most pleasant experience thus far. There are always other opportunities around.
2) Work is not life. I’m grateful for a fully rounded life with friends and family and hobbies and outside interests to fall back on every day.
3) Despite my work experience being less than exceptional to date, I’m still seen as a subject matter expert at my new company. I am grateful that my past experience can help my new company.
1) Resources like HRC, NGLCC, and OSHA are invaluable to me. I’ve got a major challenge at work concerning an employee who is transitioning. These resources and my network of friends have helped me a lot this week.
2) Everyone is doing so much around the house so I can focus my energy on work. The dog gets walked and bathed. The dishes get washed. The house gets cleaned. I’m grateful.
3) I’m grateful for prayer and the power of forgiveness and patience. It’s run thin and it almost gone but it is still here.
And I’m grateful for this face